Biological Engineering (2016- Present)
My current research at IITGN focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular endocytosis mechanisms underlying Alzheimer’s disease (AD), and Parkinson’s disease (PD), a devastating neurodegenerative disorder causing progressive neuronal deaths every year. Neurofibrillary tangles (NFT) formation due to Tau protein and Lewy bodies (DBs) formation due to Alpha-Synuclein (α-Syn) in neurons are pathological hallmarks of AD and PD respectively. Studying these essential proteins could help us find preventive measures and the possible way to cure the disease completely. I am studying the aggregation kinetics and endocytosis pathways of Tau and α-Syn in a model system of SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell-derived differentiated neurons. I am also developing a hydrogel-based model system for studying neuronal differentiation. Further, I am also developing DNA nanodevices and nanoparticles for targeted biotherapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
In the long term, I foresee myself as a successful scientist promoting a healthy working environment that will help me and my associates to contribute towards the progress of humankind at large. In my leisure hours, I play cricket, football, watch movies and listen to music. Besides, traveling has made me independent and has improved my self-confidence. Adventure sports, photography and trekking excites me a lot.
I am Pravin Hivare, and I am a Ph.D. scholar in the Department of Biological Engineering at IITGN. I joined the Institute in July 2016. I hail from a tiny village called ‘Dhagpimpari’, in the Osmanabad district of Maharashtra. I have completed my Bachelor’s and Masters’s in Biotechnology from Fergusson College, Pune. My master’s project dealt with medical and environmental applications of metal nanoparticles.
List of Workshops:
“Mammalian Cell Culture Workshop” at NIPER Ahmedabad, IN, Feb 23-25, 2017
6th Annual BSBE Winter workshop “Amyloids: In Disease To Promising Material” at IIT Kanpur, IN, Dec 6-8, 2019
- Pravin Hivare, Anjali Rajwar, Sharad Gupta, and Dhiraj Bhatia.Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Endocytic Pathways Adapted by Small DNA Nanocages in Model Neuroblastoma Cell-Derived Differentiated Neurons. (2021). ACS Applied Bio Materials. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsabm.0c01668
- DNA based programmable hydrogels for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine Ankit Gangrade#, Pravin Hivare#, Sharad Gupta, Dhiraj Bhatia* Hydrogels for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. Elsevier, Invited book chapter, 2021, In press. #Equal contribution.
- Sai Geetha Marapureddy#, Pravin Hivare#, Siddhant Kumar, Sharad Gupta and Prachi Thareja. “Carbamoylated chitosan hydrogels with improved viscoelastic properties and stability for potential 3D cell culture applications”. Biomedical Materials. (2021) https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-605X/abf88c. #equal contribution
- Pravin Hivare, Chinmaya Panda, Sharad Gupta, and Dhiraj Bhatia. 2021. “Programmable DNA Nanodevices for Applications in Neuroscience “. ACS Chemical Neuroscience. : https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acschemneuro.0c00723
- Marapureddy, S., Hivare, P., Sharma, A., Chakraborty, J., Ghosh, S., Gupta, S., & Thareja, P. (2021). Rheology and Direct Write Printing of Chitosan – Graphene Oxide Nanocomposite Hydrogels for Differentiation of Neuroblastoma Cells. Carbohydrate Polymers, 118254. doi: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2021.118254
- Maqbool, M., Gadhavi, J., Singh, A., Hivare, P., Gupta, S., & Hoda, N. (2021). Unravelling the potency of triazole analogues for inhibiting α-synuclein fibrillogenesis and in vitro disaggregation. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 19(7), 1589-1603. doi: 10.1039/d0ob02226h
- Maqbool, Mudasir, Joshna Gadhavi, Pravin Hivare, Sharad Gupta, and Nasimul Hoda. 2020. “Diphenyl Triazine Hybrids Inhibit Α-Synuclein Fibrillogenesis: Design, Synthesis And In Vitro Efficacy Studies”. European Journal Of Medicinal Chemistry 207: 112705. doi:10.1016/j.ejmech.2020.112705.
Pravin Hivare, V. Guru KrishnaKumar and Sharad Gupta, “Study of truncated expression of full length tau in E. coli”, in the International Conference on Intrinsically Disordered Proteins: Forms, Functions and Diseases (IDP-2017) at IISER Mohali, IN, Dec 9-12, 2017.
V. Guru KrishnaKumar, Pravin Hivare, and Sharad Gupta, “Improving heterologous expression of tau protein in E.coli and understanding its truncation profile by proteomic approach”, in the International Symposium on Emerging Areas in Biosciences and Biomedical Technologies (eBBT-2018) at IIT Indore, IN, Jan 5-6, 2018.
Pravin Hivare, V.Guru KrishnaKumar, and Gupta Sharad, “Improving tau isoforms expression in E.coli and understanding the molecular basis of truncated heterologous expression”, in the National Conference on Convergence of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Biomedical Technology (CPSBT-2018), NIPER Ahmedabad, IN, Mar 21-23, 2018.
Pravin Hivare, V. Guru KrishnaKumar and Sharad Gupta, “Multi stage aggregation mechanism of Bovine Serum Albumin under reduced environment”, in the 13th Anniversary India-Japan Fest Biyani’s International Conference (BICON-2018) in Jaipur, IN, Nov 25-28, 2018.
Pravin Hivare, V. Guru KrishnaKumar, and Sharad Gupta, “Mechanism of Bovine Serum Albumin Aggregation Under Reduced Environment”, in the International Conference on Molecular Basis of Diseases & Therapeutics (ICMBDT-2019) at Central University of Rajasthan, IN, Mar 8-10, 2019.
Find me on: